How to Use Baby NäsaKleen®
Before using Baby NäsaKleen on your child, test the suction on your hand/finger to familiarize yourself with the unit and the strength of the suction.
- Always wash your hands before and after using the Baby NäsaKleen product.
- Insert a hygiene filter into the two part chamber unit - tighten both parts securely. (The unit does not come assembled with a filter already placed inside)!
- Find a comfortable setting - there are several ways to position your baby. One suggestion is to lay her in your lap, face up with her head gently secured between your knees - baby's feet on either side of your waist. Let her head drop backward slightly. Another way is to simply lay her in a bed or crib - with you standing next to her.
- Place the nozzle slightly inside the baby’s nostril and gently apply suction with your mouth through the mouthpiece. For best result, point the nozzle straight back (towards neck) and not upward (towards eyes)! The mucus will collect in the transparent chamber. The chamber contains a hygiene filter to prevent any mucus from leaving the chamber or any bacteria infecting the parent. Repeat the process with the other nostril if needed.
- If the mucus is particularly dry or sticky we recommend that you apply saline solution into the nostrils before aspirating.
- Clean unit and discard filter.
Do not use Baby NäsaKleen more than 3-4 times per day unless directed by your physician. Keep in mind that aspirating your baby’s nose should be a gentle process – and when done correctly, it actually feels good for the baby. The entire process should take less than 60 seconds. If your baby resists vigorously, stop the process and try again later. Baby NäsaKleen should only be used on babies by an adult/parent.
The nozzle is made of latex-free medical-grade silicone - the safest and most comfortable material for use on babies’ little noses!
Disassemble and wash all parts with soap and warm water. The foam filter should be changed after every use.
Store in a dry environment at room temperature. Be sure to allow all parts to dry completely when not in use.